I remember playing school with my sister when I was younger and thinking I could not wait to be a school teacher myself. Since then my sister and I have both become classroom teachers. I remained in Maine and my sister moved to Florida.
- I graduated from George Steven's Academy in Blue HIll in 1987
- Received my Bachelors with a double major of Special Education and Elementary education from
the University of Maine at Farmington in 1991
- Also became a certified Reading Recovery Specialist in 2010
- I ran a daycare from my home in Farmington for 2 1/2 years before moving back to Blue HIll.
- Taught fourth grade form 3 years at Life Christian Academy
- I taught Middle/High School at Kids Peace for 2 1/2 years
- I am currently in my 6th year teaching Kindergarten her at Ella Lewis School
My Hobbies Include:
- Doing Counted Cross Stitch
- Scrap booking
- Tending my families small farm
While I have found many rewarding moments at my previous teaching jobs before coming to Ella Lewis they do not compare to the glow on a child's face when he/she discovers that he/she can read a book on his/her own. He/she goes from saying he/she cannot read to wanting to read everything put in from of him/her.